Friday, October 28, 2011

Tennis

Serena Williams, Venus Williams, Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova and Roger Federer are some of the biggest names in the sport-tennis. Tennis is a very competitive but enjoyable sport, so I think that we are very privileged to be learning how to play it.

We just had our first lesson and I found it very invigorating. Marcelle, our tutor, started off with some drills on the court. The drills were quite difficult. One drill included us bouncing the ball on the strings of the racket and then trying to bounce it on the side. It was sort of irritating because I couldn’t really do it.

Anyway, as we finished the drills we went on to playing a game. It was called King of the Court. It was a bit like a tennis rotation game. The rules were pretty much the same as tennis except for the rule that, if you lost you would become the king or queen of the court. The king or queen would stay on the court and play people until he or she lost and the person they lost to would then become king/queen.

Rugby is my favourite sport, but while learning tennis skills I slowly took a liking to the sport. It may be my second favourite sport but I think I still need a massive heap of help because, I still have a few things to work on!

No comments: